Monday, September 1, 2014

Not a great run but I am so glad I went.

I'm sitting on the couch post run and my leg muscles feel used. My head feels clear.  I feel awesome. The run was absolutely terrible. My first out and back in a week and my legs cramped up after the first mile. I haven't paid attention to my diet this weekend so my form felt awful. I didn't go run first thing after the sun came up and because of that I couldn't focus on my run.  I drank coffee and got a little stoned before running which isn't always a great idea.  The weather was overcast and humid. I am so glad I went. I feel so good even though all of the negatives. 
I pushed out 3.5 miles in a time too terrible for me to admit to.  I walked a lot. A lot.  I'm ok with that though. I needed it. The race is this Sunday and I got the bad run out of the way early. However it doesn't matter. I feel good and that is the important thing. Getting home before the rain was the other important thing. 

A tired puppy is the other reason this run was awesome. I know he could have gone for more and if I had been able to I would have taken him for more. He gets it though. I be human. He be dog. 

I really want to run the half with him. He deserves the medal more than I do. 

I can't wait until hockey starts. We are going to 2 pre season games and 2 regular season games so far. I think it would be really cool if they had a storm the stadium stair run at the UC during a hawks practice or morning skate or something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment