Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Fractured tooth, dead phone, and further update about my last few runs

To start off, I want to talk about dental care. Take care of your teeth and go to the dentist. I thought I was taking good care of my teeth. I have one of those fancy $100 Sonicare toothbrushes. I flossed sometimes...but I didnt go to a dentist for a few years. That being said, I have had a few root canals done lately. One of those root canals fractured a tooth so it is going to have to be removed. how does a fractured tooth feel you ask? It feels like butt. At least it is a molar all the way in the back, so no one will notice that the tooth is missing. I am originally from the south and now I can say I am southern and toothless. Toofless?

On top of that, my iPhone has been super janky lately and as of this morning, it is no longer charging or turning on. Awesome. I have an appt to see a "Genius" at the apple store today. So hopefully they can fix it because I really dont want to buy the 5s. I wanted to hold out for a few more months until the 6 came out. Oh well...such is life.

Okay, the 10 miler! I am really proud of myself for this. This is the longest solo run I have ever gone on. Normally I dont do "long runs". I just do my normal 4-5 miles at my normal 4-5 mile pace. Im not out there to win or to prove anything. Im out there to keep my soul clear and to exercise the dog that never gets tired. I might have said this before, but the 10 miler really tired out the Billy. He could barely make it up the stairs. It was cute. However as soon as we got in the house and he drank some water and ate, he was all wound up and ready to play. I could tell he was sleepy because he was a lamb on the leash. He walked right next to me with no tension. Ever since then he has been amazing on the leash. I really am proud of him. He is my best friend.

The 5 mile run on Monday sucked...it was sooo humid. My training schedule told me to run 6 miles today, but I skipped it because my jaw hurts like a mother and my legs were just dead on my Monday run. I might try to get out for 4 or 5 tomorrow depending on how I feel. I am taking pain killers in addition to everything I have to take for my depression/bipolar nonsense. So I am pretty zombified.

On a side note, I finally got some trees today. Hooray! Now when I have an episode of going crazy or being a dick, I can rid myself of it fairly quickly instead of taking a Rx that takes hours to kick in. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment