Friday, August 15, 2014

Easy 4, a new day, and Herbert from Family Guy

On my runs I always end up getting part of a song stuck in my head. MGMT, Rolling Stones, Bela Fleck....but today was different. I got a song stuck in my head that Herbert on Family Guy sings..."I know what boys want...I know what guys like..." etc etc etc. It was kind of funny because I cannot remember the last time I heard that song.

Anyways, the morning 4 were awesome. It was 55 degrees out and sunny. I finished in under 40 minutes, which is awesome IMO. We didnt see any wildlife, or should I say, I didnt see any wild life. Im sure Billy and his laser eyes and radar ears picked up and saw everything. However he did not try to chase down anything this morning. Billy is a curious dog. He loves to go after pigeons, but he wont even look at a finch if it walks under his nose. He likes to get rough and tumble with big dogs, but little dogs he will let bite his face and he wont move. Strange pup.

So today is a new day. A day where I try to keep myself more composed. Since I have stopped smoking pot I feel on edge all of the time. I smoked daily for...10 years? I was a heavy smoker and holy crap I miss it. It really helped take the edge off. I didnt want to quit smoking, but the guy who my guy gets it from is on vacation for a few weeks. So I have been taking it out on people close to me...mainly my gf, which I feel terrible about. Im not talking abuse or anything, Im just more critical and more vocal about it. Which is good and bad. It is good because some of this stuff needs to be said, but it is bad because I am very reactive and let my emotions speak for me without thinking first. Sooooo....all that being said, I am trying to be more present and aware today in what I am thinking and feeling. I need to do this for me so that I can keep those close to me around. I have a bad habit of chasing people off and I dont want to do that anymore.

Tomorrow is 8 miles! I hope I can knock it out. Supposed to go to some party tomorrow night, but I will see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment