Wednesday, August 20, 2014

8 Miles...4 miles...and a sad little 3

It's been a few days since I last updated. I have been a little pre-occupied with procrastination nation.

My 8 mile run this last weekend was aces. I ran the entire time and finished in a little over 80 minutes. At the very beginning of my run I caught up with a Fleet Feet running group that was running right at my pace, so I just kept up with them. It was great. I think I might join a training group next year because running with the group really kept my spirits up during the hard parts. Billy loved every second of the run. Of course he wasnt tired at all. As soon as we got back to the house he started running around with his toys looking for someone to play with him. Jerk...I wish I had his stamina. The weather was perfect, it was in the 60's at the start of the run with a little breeze.

On Monday I knocked out a solid 4 miles. It felt great and I felt super strong. Im starting to add sprints to the end of my runs to help build my stamina. Billy almost caught a bird because it was dumb enough to not fly out of our path. Stupid bird.

My Tuesday run was a different story. I was supposed to do 5 but I only ended up doing 3. Excuses coming up.

1. My legs were dead and my feet felt super heavy. I was hoping it would even out after the first mile, but they just got worse.
2. It started raining. It's not that I dont like running in the rain, but I havent been feeling so hot the last week, I didnt want to make it worse.
3. I didnt poop very well before the run, so I felt like I had to poop mid-run, which is never a good feeling.

I am glad that I did the 3 miles instead of just calling off the entire day. I guess a solid 3 is better than a terrible 5.

I saw my shrink yesterday and he prescribed me some new meds, which is great. Since I have cut out pot my anxiety has been very high.  This new stuff helps me when I am about to have a break down. I tried it last night and it just made me super tired. Not sure if we are going to stick with this or change to something new. Ill give it a few tries before I decide.

Today and tomorrow are my off days, and man I feel like I deserve them. I slept like a log last night. Tonight we have agility class with Billy! Ill try to get some pictures up of him jumping over things tonight. I keep forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment