Sunday, August 10, 2014

6 miles, a homeless man welcome to tourists, and Guardians of the Galaxy again

My traini ng had me knock out 6 miles yesterday. They did not go as well as planned because...

1. I woke up to my dog peeing on the floor.
2. Got into a tiff with the gf.
3. Didnt end up running until the sun was at midday.


Running around midday was a terrible idea. It was 75 and humid as all hell. There was at least a 10-15 degree temp difference between the shade and the sun. When there was a breeze blowing it was fun, but when that breeze stopped it was brutal! I ended up almost throwing up at one point. The run was rough and I was walking after 3 miles, so I started running intervals. Jogging along normally and when I felt like walking I would up my speed for 50-75 yards and then I would walk. So I almost lost my lunch, haha. I held it in though. Glad I finish the 6 miles.

At the end of my run, I was coming up on a family of tourists. How do I know they were tourists? City folk know how to walk a sidewalk in a straight line. Tourists b ounce from one side of the sidewalk to the other with no sense of surrounding. I saw this homeless drunk who I have seen around the hood many times coming up on the right. So since the bum was on the right AND the family was randomly drifting around, I decided to stick all the way to the left. The family and I passed the bum at the same time...and the bum spit right in the face of the entire family. Ew. Gross. I just kept going because you cant fight nor cure crazy. I will avoid that bum from now on.

After the run me and the gf went to see Guardians of the Galaxy for a second time...this time in 3d, which was a waste. I think 3-d movies are kind of silly....BUT...the movie was amazing again. I cant wait until it comes out on video. I am going to buy it day 1.

3 weeks until the half. I am feeling pretty good. I have 4 miles planned for tomorrow morning! Beat the feet to beat the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment