Thursday, August 21, 2014

Day of rest # 2, sore jaw, arthritis, an office booze cruise, and some awesome dreams.

Today is my second off day. Technically it is strength training day...so today I do body weight squats and wall squats to help my glutes and quads. I like to feel the burn. I am a masochist sometimes. I will also do a few sets on the ab wheel to help my core. I actually probably need to do the ab wheel daily. Tomorrow is 4 miles, but the forecast says rain up the ying yang...so we shall see.

By the way, my jaw is killing me on the right side. I cant even touch my back teeth together. I'm not sure what I did. I am guessing it is all of the dental work I have had done over the past few months is taking its toll. So I am chewing gingerly and hoping that it will go away on it's own. I have another dental appointment coming up in the next week or so for my perm crown, so if it is still sore by then Ill ask the dentist to see what the deal is.

So I woke up to the sound of rain this morning. Was coming down hard. I also woke up to my wrist hurting from where I had a bone re-shaped from my Navy days, my right shoulder hurting for whatever reason, and my right ankle felt touchy. Stupid science and rain and barometric pressure making my joints hurt.

Tonight is my office's booze cruise. Technically it is a "boat tour on the Chicago River"....but these things are really just a shit show. It starts out innocently enough. Some light chit chat over a few drinks. Food. A few more drinks. A few more drinks. Then someone is singing or slurring or stumbling. My office is a bunch of drunks. Seriously. Drunks. It is funny to see what happens. That is the main reason I am going. I got all of my partying out of the way when I was in the Navy, so I have a few drinks and keep composed.

My shrink gave me some new meds to help take the edge off since I am not currently smoking pot. This stuff knocks me the f out. It is wonderful. I sleep so soundly. One side effect of not smoking for awhile is that I can remember my dreams now and they are very vivid. Last night I dreamed that Patrick Kane was Erica's secret brother or some shit, and we became best friends. Laughing and joking. Going to sports authority. Him telling me to not put stuff on YouTube...strange stuff. Im not sure if I am going to stay on these meds though, because they dont really take the edge off, they just make me go to sleep.

Well this post ended up longer than I thought it would. Tomorrow is 4 miles and I cant wait to lace them up. I really hope the weather is clear enough for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment