Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Knot in my calf the size of a golf ball

So for the last few weeks I have had some issues with my left calf. Nothing too major. It gets tight after a run, but I stretch it out and am good to go. It might be sore for the first 0.5 mile but then it loosens up and I dont feel anything.

Fast forward to Monday night. I did an easy 4. After I got home and stretched and cooled down and showered I noticed that it was difficult to put pressure on my left leg. I tried to massage it to find the trigger point, but without luck. Yesterday (tuesday) at work I massaged and rubbed and massaged and stretched and rubbed and finally the bugger rose to the surface...holy shit, it is pretty big. Ive never experienced something like this before. It is kinda exciting in a masochistic kind of way.

Slept with a heating pad last night o try to loosen it up. Sitting at my desk now rubbing and stretching. Hopefully this thing will subside before the Hot Chocolate in November. If not...Im going to be limping like a mother for a few days after the race.

I think I need to schedule a sports massage and hopefully they can work out the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment