Monday, November 10, 2014

Soul ran the Hot Chocolate 15k and it was great.

Yesterday was the Chicago Hot Chocolate 15k. I swore after running it last year that I wouldn't run it this year. But...they lured me in by offering a medal...that is all I want now, medals and a fun run. However, this year around I got a dedicated timing corral. I was in the 2nd corral to start which was amazing because I hate standing around for 30-45 waiting on the race to start. It was pretty cold.

So it was my first run in a little over 2 weeks. I am very glad that I waited those 2 weeks to let my calf fully heal up. I had zero problems with it throughout the entire race, which left me very happy. However, I am super sore today in the rest of my legs, but
nothing serious. Figure I am going to take a few days off to let everything heal up and then I will get back out there. I miss running with Billy and I know he is missing his morning adventures. I started with a sweatshirt that I thought I was going to take off during the run once I warmed up, but around mile 6 I was super glad that I left it on as it was pretty chilly. After the run I had to wait in a line of at least 120 people to get to gear check. My body temp plummeted and I went home before I even got my chocolate reward. I feel kinda bad because my gf finished the 5k not long after I left...but I just needed to get to a warm place and get my body temp up. Next year I will make sure to have one of those foil blankets to trap body heat. no doubt.

My watch gave me a 9:26 pace, but the timing chip game me a 10:06 pace, which is probably correct. Overall I finished 1:34 chip time, 1:38 gun time. So hooray! I ran the entire time, I had a great time, and I got a medal with a smile on my face. I just enjoyed the run and the sights.

1 comment: